søndag 10. juli 2016

Run, swim, lift, sleep, repeat

Holiday for the mind, boot camp for the body...

Holidays have started! I have been in Bodrum since Tuesday evening, and this is what has already happened so far:
Wednesday: Treadmill running and weight training at the gym, then swimming in the sea.
Thursday: Treadmill running and weight training at the gym.
Friday: Outdoor running and swimming before breakfast, weight training at the gym in the afternoon.
Saturday: Long run outdoors.
The rest of the family is arriving in a few days, and until then I have full freedom to just eat, train and sleep as I want. I get up very early, I sleep in between the sessions, and I go to bed very early. My mom serves me the most delicious and nutritious meals, and my mind is completely empty of work and other worries.  I don't even bother to stay at the beach outside of swimming, which fits perfectly with the fact that we've been on a ten-day-long public holiday and the beaches have been super crowded.
As always, planning is half the battle. Before coming to Bodrum, I checked possible gyms to attend for a month. Last year, I tried out the gym at Turgutreis marina, which worked out pretty well. But they did not have all the equipment that I need for my HSR exercises. To be as well prepared as possible against injuries towards Amsterdam marathon, I have restarted regular leg curls, leg extensions, hip abductions (inside and outside), and seated leg presses, in addition to various other exercises. I found out that a new gym has opened much closer to where I stay: Pürivol spa and fitness center of Swissotel Turgutreis. They have all the equipment that I need, and I started my membership there already the day after I arrived.
If you are planning to do something similar, I think starting your subscription already on the first day of your stay is important. Otherwise, things might get postponed and in the end perhaps never happen. When it comes to running, I was thinking that I would have to do it alone until Frank arrives next week. However, I have been so fortunate to have several of my friends from Team Istrunbul here for the public holidays. They have kept me company for the runs of yesterday and the day before; it has been great fun, and I am really grateful. What's more, my mom keeps me company for the swimming sessions. In fact, we're off to swimming right now!
Happy active holidays!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar